BitChute is considered the most popular alternative to YouTube and is currently ranked at 4,816.
According with Ray Vahey, one of the main reasons for the creation of BitChute was due to the increase of censorship in the popular sites (mainly YouTube) and he wanted to do something about it and then eventually, he would develop BitChute 
When the site was released, he posted with the name of "This is the first video on #BitChute"
Overview and FlawsEdit
BitChute's layout is a little different compared to others and unlike most video websites, BitChute's loading screen when you open it, the popular channels are displayed too and another notable thing is the fact that BitChute uses DISQUIS for the comment system, unlike all other video websites, it seems that the most popular videos in BitChute are politics-related (due to the freedom from censorship on the site), the most popular user is "Sargon of Akkad", currently with 64,170 subscribers with user "Styxhexenhammer666" in a close second.
However, the site does suffer from a number of drawbacks that may turn off those looking to find a proper YouTube alternative. Such as:
- Poor video resolution (max. 480p but up to 120fps)
- Its unfortunate name “BitChute”
- Unreliable search engine
- No privacy settings (please elaborate)
- Lack of monetization (but donations are possible)
- Slow uploading speeds
- Long video processing times
- Sometimes an uploaded video that is stuck on processing for too long gets completely pruned and the uploader is forced to retry.
- No automatic thumbnail generation
- No drag & drop uploading support for videos or thumbnails
- Non-edible video details during upload
- Ugly all-uppercase video title on watch page (using CSS code “
text-transform:uppercase” in common.css at “#page-bar .page-title”)
- Basic features behind a pay wall
- Multiple channels
- Occasional (but rather rare) outages
- Videos aren't actually decentralized as they require their torrent tracker data and require them to seed the torrent, as without a seed, the video can not play and there is no connection to Bittorrent, meaning that Bitchute delivers the content entirely on their own, which means they're free to censor creators as they see fit, leading some to think that they might just be pandering to the alt right for either the positive reputation or profit. 
But the site has been liked for its ability to allow users to download videos through page saving or through the multimedia item list in Firefox/Waterfox'es “Page Information” feature (because the video is not generated as a blob resource like on YouTube, Twitter and Dailymotion but lower-level HTML5), the easy process of getting an account and allowing YouTube videos to be easily archived on the site.
It's also possible automatically to mirror a YouTube channel's uploads, allowing one to upload backups without even using the site, though you can only link one YouTube channel per Bitchute channel.
Because of the freedom from a censorship policy on BitChute, the site has been criticized for being a safe haven for those with Far-Right ideologies along with Conspiracy Theories. The Southern Poverty Law Center has described BitChute for hosting "hate-fueled material" and described it as a "low-rent YouTube clone".
In the aftermath of the Pittsburgh synagogue shooting, BitChute would be banned from PayPal in November, 2018 without PayPal themselves stating a reason.
BitChute would be banned in Australia and New Zealand in March 2019 after both governments would crack down on sites that would show the Christchurch Mosque Shootings.